This name is given to the sophisticated technology developed by the Acoustic Engineering Board lead by José Luis Lafarga.
This innovative technology has been applied to the hand-made equipment manufactured by Artesanía-audio over the last 15 years; units, frames, audio-racks, supports and accessories.
The aim of this superior technology is to isolate all electronic components that are installed in the units whether they are active or passive (record players, CD players, power supply units, processors, speakers etc.) from any type of vibration that could influence their performance. The ultimate objective is absolute neutrality.
Isolation is necessary because when we listen to musical sounds in an acoustic setting, they can be affected by vibrations in the electronic equipment. These may originate in a solid source such as the floor or may be air borne such as sonic waves, and as a consequence will generate secondary vibrations in the equipment. These reverberations can only be eliminated by incorporating shock absorbing techniques and/or suspension, a process that generates a change in the caloric energy of acoustics.
In addition, electronic components used for sound reproduction also produce friction and vibrations that originate in their drive mechanisms and turntables. This can produce noise distortion and generate unwanted sounds such as humming or buzzing that become part of the overall sound transmitted by the speakers. The intensity of this distortion is often increased by “feedback.” Musical sound experiences therefore can be distorted considerably.
Sound equipment is constantly being improved and enhanced. However, sound equipment alone - however sophisticated - cannot guarantee the prevention of the factors that affect sound quality, as they are inherent to the sound itself and its transmission.
Since its very foundation, Artesanía-audio has aimed to obtain materials and design products that either prevent or eliminate external causes of alterations and distortions in sound. At the same time, the company aims to prevent or reduce noise generated in the actual sound equipment, with the overall objective of achieving musical reproduction that is clean, balanced, lineal and neutral.
With this is in mind, the company has always taken into consideration the most up to date studies in acoustic technology and vibration analysis of technical systems. This, together with continual experimentation and innovation, has allowed the company to develop sophisticated technology, which we call acoustic anti-resonance treatment.
Acoustic anti-resonance treatment eliminates or significantly reduces the harmful effects produced in sound equipment from solid sources (such as the floor), acoustic sound production (e.g. air borne vibrations) and interaction between components (such as feedback). Specifically:
- Eliminates the “chime” effect (from vibrations) that is common with metal racks and units that do not incorporate our technology. Our tubular metal structures are filled with material of different masses and elastomers that are capable of absorbing vibrations.
- In addition, out metal structures are painted with a special diffusing paint with a slight grain that leave a light emboss on the surfaces, which helps to eliminate acoustic specular reflection.
- Eliminates resonance from the shelves (passive modulation) and horizontal movement. Our shelves are made from a double layer of pressed glass “sandwiched” together and supported by isolating polyamide discs and neoprane pads for maximum absorption and block. In turn, the discs are supported on steel pins that rest on the metal shelving. The combination of these various gradients reduces the speed of propagation (to reduce transmission) and this, together with the different absorption coefficients, improves the overall effectiveness of the shock absorption.
- Eliminates vibrations that are transmitted from solid and acoustic sources through the creation of decouples; steel needles supported on isolating discs. These provide extra tiers of anti-resonant protection. Depending upon the model, we install a double or triple decouple; the suspended audio rack has a triple decouple.
- Eliminates the Larsen effect produced by feedback from solid parameters such as floors, walls and ceilings.
- Reduces the “rumble” effect. Dull and prolonged sounds produced by parasitic vibrations from digital or analogical readers as a result of shock absorption defects or the suspension of motors and other mechanisms.
- Substantially reduces “jitters” produced in digital readers due to a lack of stability in the CD fixing and rotation systems.
- Some of our accessories (anti-magnetic dampers) eliminate interference brought about by radio and electro-magnetic waves, as well as reducing vibrations from the chassis of sound systems.
- All product components chosen by Artesanía-audio (structures, treatments, audio-racks, shelves, pads, discs etc.) increase absorption coefficients and deaden resonance throughout the whole system.
- The effect of this treatment is to reduce (up to 80-90% depending upon the unit) the lowest frequencies (that have the widest range and longest waves) transforming their resonance point into higher frequencies (lower in terms of range and wavelength) that do not effect the listening experience.
The overall result of using this unique treatment in our products is the elimination of inter-modulation distortion (originating in vibrations) in electronics, especially in digital and analogical systems.
The application of this technology to the design and production of Artesanía-audio units and tables, results in a controlled listening experience that is dynamic and clean; free of background reverberations and unwanted noise that mask the true sound. There is absolutely no doubt that our systems surpass other models and brands that do not incorporate our unique and innovative technology in terms of sound reproduction.
Each one of our products incorporates its own unique characteristics as described in our catalogue and on this website.
Ineffectual units that do not incorporate acoustic treatments (more than 95% of audio-racks and accessories available on the international market) are incapable of controlling vibrations and unable to aid tonal balance in sound reproduction.
The Artesanía-audio products effectively reduce resonance and achieve a neutral sound as a result. In addition, the suspended rack units, with their unique double structure and smart design that does away with the need for fixed shelves, incorporate innovative technology that is unique to our brand at a world level.
Our products are a breath of fresh air for audiophiles and music fans alike and afford noticeable benefits in their listening experiences
The Artesanía-audio products are accessories that improve the quality of sound beyond all doubt.
They provide a huge leap in terms of other accessories that you may have tried (filters, connection decks, electronic components etc.) that often have a much higher price tag that our specially treated units. The thousands of users in Spain that have bought our products are our best form of publicity and speak highly of the improvements they have achieved in their sound installations.
On our webpage you will find technical information, the opinions of many of our customers and reports from specialist magazines.
Many comments from customers and specialists alike include the phrase “Bordering on perfection.”
José Luis Lafarga and team.